Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter!

Winter can be cold! And freezing fog is something new to me. No snow, but every plant looks like it has been flocked. The weather is hanging around zero and the wind chill makes it -10 to -15. I try not to go outside unless it is necessary. Every time I drive that 15 miles of dirt road with no telephone reception, I think about what I am going to do if for some reason the car decides to stop, especially if it is after dark. Which it often is since my mother has discovered she can get me to stay longer if she acts hungry because I will stay to help with supper. The road is the road less traveled, in fact, hardly traveled as I often don't see anyone else from the time I leave Meade til I get home 42 miles later. Feeling very pioneer.







1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's beautiful.
    After crazy drivers on 101 all week it's hard to imagine a 42 mile drive with no other cars.....

    ReplyDelete