Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My last post was right after a warm sunny day when I was able to work outside while Mom nested in the house. Warm, ahhhh.

Everyone has been asking about the blizzard and how my California self fared in the snow. Well, national news doesn't know everything. The day before the blizzard, there was a night of drizzle that resulted in icy roads. I got ready to go, drove over the dirt roads with no trouble, got to the highway and discovered sheet ice. I drove a mile west, up and down hills, turned south and went back home. Mom didn't seem to mind me missing that day too much according to the nurses.

But ... the next day, the day of the blizzard, I got up and looked out the window and there was about 2 inches of snow out there, with a 40 mile an hour wind. Two hours later, all the snow had blown to Texas, you couldn't tell that it had snowed except for the trapped snow. In the meantime, Oklahoma City (200 miles away) is under 14 inches of snow and at a stand still. So I loaded up around noon and headed to Meade. According the nurses, now Mom was pissed. She wouldn't eat lunch, and was snarly when I got there. But I got there. Since then it has gradually warmed until yesterday was warm! In the low 40s! Another storm moving into OKC tonight, but supposed to miss us again. I hear it is cold and raining in California. Gotta love weather.

1 comment:

  1. thought about you today. We were to fly over Meade on our way from seeing the in-laws in Georgia back to SFO. Because of some turbulence we went a little further north and crossed over Minneola instead (gotta love the inflight maps even if the three year old set the language to German).
    Maybe there was a little bit too much hot air raising over Meade at the time. :)

    Hope you had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete